Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Lucky fortunes, off to Yokohama! ♡

The first (I visited 8 ^.^) temple I went to in Kansai was Kiyomizu-dera(清水寺) in Kyoto. If you could only visit one shrine/temple in Kyoto, I highly recommend Kiyomizu-dera! It might be a rather arduous 1.5km uphill trek, but it's totally worth it 

The structure is beautiful, and it has a spacious veranda with a gorgeous view of the surrounding nature. It's especially exquisite during autumn and spring, where there is autumn foliage and sakura blossoms to see respectively ♡


Anyway, I got an omikuji (paper fortune), and it turned out to be 大吉(great luck/fortune)! And what great luck it has brought me. Recently found out that I won a contest that I had entered early last month, so I'll be going to Yokohama on Wednesday! ♥  I never fathomed that I could actually win, because I knew so many people and friends who entered. Thank you heavens and stars for shining favorably on me! 神様、ありがとう!

I went to the Shin-Yokohama Ramen Museum 5 years ago, but didn't get the chance to visit the city of Yokohama itself. My Japanese friends always tell me about the gorgeous night view and beautiful bay, and now I have a chance to see it for myself! Looking forward to an amazing time in another amazing city in my absolute favorite country to visit, Japan~! ♡

A big thank you to the organizers Campus Magazine, Yokohama Convention and Tourism Bureau, Singapore Airlines and Pan Pacific Yokohama Bay Hotel Tokyu! 


No comments:

Post a Comment